Wednesday, April 1, 2015

JJ's Little Bay Cafe, Rockport


Like sausage in my biscuit gravy.  JJ's is a neat little mom-n-pop cafe in Rockport Texas with great home cooked breakfasts.  Rockport is a nice little coastal resort town and a great place to dine out for breakfast.  I will be back to Rockport for the food.



To get here, just take TX-35 north from Corpus Christi.  Then select the Business 35 exit when you get to Rockport.  JJ's is just before you get to the coast.  And no, I did not try the pies yet.  JJ's pies are on my bucket list.


Brisket Omelet:


This is their brisket omelet with melted jack, sour cream, peppers-n-onions.  Really good stuff.  The potatoes were crisp.  This is a good breakfast combo.



Pork Chops-n-Eggs:


You can get one pork chop or two.  But why worry with decisions, just get two.  Hash browns are brown and that's they way they should look.



Biscuits-n-Sausage Gravy:


We ordered a plate of biscuits and gravy for the table.  When I retrieved my biscuit, I added more pepper.  This is a rib-sticking meal in itself.



French Toast with Bacon:



Thick-meaty bacon and french toast.  All that is needed is a butter and syrup.  This makes for a great breakfast.



Coffee:


You know if I show a picture of the coffee, it's good.  Thick and smooth like I like it.  I will definitely return to JJ's for breakfast.  By the way, they do serve other meals as well.  I just didn't have the chance to try out lunch and dinner.



No comments:

Post a Comment